Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
November 10, 2013
Remembrance Day Service
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
GATHERING MUSIC -
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
Act of Remembering
God is our refuge and strength;
A very present help in times of trouble
This I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
the steadfast love of the Lord never ceases,
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning.
What does the Lord require of us,
but to do justice and to love kindness
and to walk humbly with our God.
Prayer (in unison)
Ever-living God, we remember those whom you have gathered from the storm of war into the peace of your presence. May that same peace calm our ears, bring justice to all peoples and establish harmony among the nations, through Jesus Christ, we pray. Amen
Naming those we Remember
Last Post and Reveille
O Canada VU# 524
*Hymn #679 “Let There Be Light”
Ministry of Music
(children to Sunday School)
Scripture Luke 20:27-38
A question about resurrection
*Hymn #684 “Make Me a Channel of Your Peace”
Offering * Hymn #540 “Grant Us, God, the Grace”
Prayers of our Community
Hymn #436 “Abide With Me”
Blessing 422 “God be With You Til’ We Meet Again” (vs 1)
Minister: Rev. Jan Aylward
Organist: Joan Shantz
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Rev. Jan is in the office Monday – Friday mornings 9-12 p.m. Office Phone 519-463-5222 Cell Phone226-789-0097
• Coffee Time- No Coffee Time on Nov 11. There will be a service at Blenheim District Public School at 10:45 a.m.
• Choir Practice- Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m.
• A Congregational meeting is called for the Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge on Sunday November 17, 2013 immediately following worship. Each church will hold their meetings concurrently. The purpose of the meetings is for people to have an open and honest conversation regarding the present state of their congregation and to offer suggestions for their ongoing future. Please bring your own snack and coffee mug. Coffee, Tea and water will be supplied for both meetings.
• “Things to think about for the Nov. 17th meeting”
1. Where do you think we are at the present time regarding our
2. Where do you think our faith community is heading?
3. Are there differences between our church communities, if there are can we set them aside and work together?
4. Do you want a church in your community?
5. Are you prepared to commit both financially and actively to support a church in your community?
6. Do you want to explore different options for church life?
• Cent-a-Meal jars are being collected in the month of November and to contact Ann Hoard at 519-463-5408 if they wish to donate.
• Tues. Nov. 12 – Official Board Meeting at Willis at 7:30 p.m..
• Tues. Nov. 19 – Willis Women Meeting at Maple Grove at 1:30 p.m.
• Sat. Nov. 23- A Country Christmas Bazaar & Tea Room- 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Willis United Church.
• Sun. Nov. 17 – Tree of Lights Deadline. Forms are available on the table at the front entrance and the box to put the forms in.
• Sun. Dec. 1 Advent 1 –White Gift Sunday for Operation Sharing and the Christmas Place. Needed: Mitts, knitted items, clothing, baby items, gift cards. New Gifts: Suitable for babies to teens, Moms & Grandmas, Dads & Grandpas (we always run low on these gifts), Games for all ages, toys etc. A cheque written to Operation Sharing of Woodstock with The Christmas Place noted in the Memo Space on the cheque is also acceptable. A Charitable receipt can be given if requested.
• Sun. Dec. 1-Tree of Lights-6:30 p.m. and then join the Baptist Community Christmas Carol Sing at 7 p.m. and Social time after.
• Sun. Dec. 8- Christmas Concert at Drumbo Ag. Hall 6:00-8:00 p.m. Please sign the Set Up, Take Down and Cookies, Squares and help in the kitchen sheet that is at the front entrance to the church. Erick Traplin and Drumbo and District Men,s Choir and any children who would like to share there talents.
Gifts with Vision Catalogue- are available on the table at the entrance of the church. It’s a great way to celebrate special occasions and honour loved ones by making a difference in the world