Announcements/ Upcoming Events.
- : Every Monday from 9:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. @ Willis United Church. Bring your lunch and stay to work on sewing projects.
Welcoming New Members - Those interested in joining or transfer your membership to Richwood or Willis, please call the office.
- A copy of November -The Church Mouse is at the back of both churches and is on our Pastoral Charge Website.
- The Book of Hope is available at both churches.
- Thank you to the Drumbo Opportunity Centre for donating a Computer Tower to the office. It is very much appreciated.
- Donations for Trevor and Lori Hoard’s marriage can be give to Lynne McDougall over the next few weeks and a presentation will be made in late November.
- Cent-a-Meal will be collected in the month of November if you aren’t part of this project and desire to be, please contact Ann Hoard at 519-463-5408
- Gold Party Profit $190.00, Thank you to those who participated.
- Willis 2010 Tree of Lights Christmas Appeal Letter is a insert in the bulletin today. Deadline: Nov 21 to Lynne McDougall
- Nov. 16 Willis Women Meeting @ Maple Grove at 1:30 p.m.
- Nov. 17 Willis Session 7 p.m.
- Nov. 21 Deadline for Tree of Lights Appeal
- Nov. 21 Santa Breakfast – Princeton Centennial Hall 9 – 1 p.m.
- Nov. 28 First Sunday of Advent – White Gift Sunday, Tree of Lights Service at Willis 5 p.m. potluck supper. Service at 6:30 p.m.
- Dec. 7 Official Board Meeting 7:30 p.m. at Richwood United Church
We firmly believe there are a need and a place for God in our lives, in our community and our world. We welcome everyone to joyfully worship in an open, warm and secure environment and offer them the opportunity to share the fellowship of an active church.
Sunday November 14, 2010
“ See, I will create new heavens and a new earth.”
Minister: Rev. Dr. Eloi Gunn
Organist: Grace Balkwill
The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, ON, N0J 1G0
Tel: Cell: 519-463-5325 Office: 519-463-5222
* indicates the congregation can stand as able
Lighting of the Christ Candle
One: Christ is our Light
All: Thanks be to God
*CALL TO WORSHIP
One: When we love one another
All: God is with us.
One: When we sing and pray
All: God rejoices through us.
One: When our spirits are renewed
All: God is at work in us.
One: God is present in love, in song, in renewal.
All: Let us Worship God.
PRAYER OF APPROACH
*Hymn VU # # 579 The Church Is Wherever God’s People
PRAYER OF CONFESSION
All: O God, in a world where there is always suffering, it can be hard to believe in some grand vision of shalom. We catch glimpses of community, fairness, justice, and kindness. But these are like lightning flashes in a night-time storm that quickly fade into the shadows of reality. When we become discouraged, we often give up trying to live into the dream of a new way. In those times, when friendship is possible, we withdraw. When compassion is possible, we withhold. When effort is needed, we shrink back. Renew your vision within us, O God.
ASSURANCE OF PARDON
One: God Says: I am renewing heaven and earth and I shall be with you. Even now, I forgive. Even now, I re-create. Even now, I call you into something new. I am renewing heaven and earth and I am beginning with you, today.
All: Thanks be to God! Amen
ANTHEM - Ladies Choir
CHILDREN’S TIME/CHILDREN AT HEART
WE LISTEN TO GOD’S WORD
SCRIPTURE: Isaiah 65: 17-25 Page 1164 & 1165
Isaiah 12 Page VU 880
Luke 21: 5-19 Page 1635 & 1636
MESSAGE: New Heavens, New Earth
*Hymn VU # 675 Will You Anchor Hold
WE RESPOND TO GOD’S WORD
OFFERING AND OFFERTORY
VU# 543 We Give Thee But Thine Own
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE
*Hymn VU # 713 I See a New Heaven