Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
December 15, 2013
Third Sunday of Advent – JOY
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
GATHERING MUSIC -
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
*Hymn 315 vs 1 “Holy, Holy, Holy Lord God Almighty”
Call to Worship
Come donkey, cow and dove,
come shepherds from fields afar.
Come seekers, come dreamers, come worries,
come neighbours and strangers.
Come people of God, come for Christ is here!
Prayer (in unison)
O God of angel song, baby’s cries, shepherd surprise, stable warmth, surprise us today as we worship you with music, words, laughter and hearts that overflow with joy. Amen
*Hymn 27 “Tomorrow Christ is Coming”
Lighting of the Advent Candle
Ministry of Music
Dedication 544 “ In Gratitude and Humble Trust”
*Hymn 62 “Once In Royal David’s City”
*Hymn 47 “Still, Still, Still”
*Hymn 75 “While Shepherds Watch”
*Hymn 44 “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear”
We Three King
1. We three kings of Orient are,
Bearing gifts we traverse afar
Field and Fountain, moor and mountain,
Following yonder star.
O star of wonder, star of night,
Star with royal beauty bright,
Westward leading, still proceeding,
Guide us to Thy perfect light.
2. Born a King on Bethlehem’s plain,
Gold I bring to crown Him again,
King forever, ceasing never
Over us all to reign. Chorus
3. Frankincense to offer have I,
Incense owns a Deity nigh;
Prayer and praising, all men raising,
Worhsip Him, God on high. Chorus
4. Myrrh is mine, its bitter perfume
Breathes a life of gathering gloom:
Sorrowing, sighing, bleeding, dying,
Sealed in the stone-cold tomb. Chorus
5. Glorious now behold Him rise,
King and God and Sacrifice;
Sounds through earth and skies.
*Hymn 59 “ Joy to the World”
Blessing 7 “Hope is a Star” (vs. 1&2 &3)
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
• Rev. Jan is in the office Monday – Friday mornings 9-12 p.m. Office Phone 519-463-5222 Cell Phone226-789-0097
• Coffee Time- Every Monday Morning from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis.
• Choir Practice- Sunday mornings at 9:15 a.m.
Mon. Dec. 23 – Christmas Eve Choir Practice at Willis at 7 p.m.
• Tree of Lights Result: Thank you to everyone that participated in the Tree of Lights. The amount is $1,010.00.
• Operation Sharing’s The Christmas Place- We received a thank you card for our generosity. Please see the bulletin board.
• Thank you to everyone that helped to make the Community Christmas concert a success.
• Sun. Dec. 15 – Please bring non perishable food for a Christmas dinner. There are 2 families in our area of need at this time. You can drop off food at Willis on Monday Dec. 16 during coffee hour.
• Tues. Dec. 24 – Willis People please bring poinsettia to the church from 10 -10:30 a.m.
• Tues. Dec. 24- Christmas Eve Service at Willis United Church at 7 p.m. Loose offering will go to Typhoon Haiyan.
• Wed. Dec. 25- No Services at Richwood or Willis United Church.
• Sun. Dec. 29 – Regular Service at Richwood United Church
• Sun. Jan. 12, 2014- Deadline for Annual Reports. Treasurers Deadline-Sun. Jan. 19, 2014 to the office.
Minister: Rev. Jan Aylward
Organist: Marilyn Hayward