Sunday September 8, 2013
“…In the same way, any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple.”
Luke 14: 33
Minister: Rev. Jan Aylward
Organist: Joan Shantz
Address: P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Telephone: Office: 519-463-5222
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
Sept. 8, 2013
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
GATHERING MUSIC -
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
Call to Worship
We come full of praise for the wonderful works of God.
Even before we speak, God knows us completely.
The Holy One knows us and sustains us, even in our moments of confusion and doubt.
Who can count the thoughts of God? They are more than all the sands of the desert.
Like clay in the hand of the potter, we are shaped into vessels of divine will.
We come with praise for the wonderful works of God.
Endless shaper of people and nations, you are beyond our knowing, yet closer to us than our every breath.
You are before us and behind us, surrounding us with your love, and fashioning all of creation in the secret depths of your heart.
With every thought, with every song, and with every prayer, turn these fragile, earthen vessels of our lives,
into the Spirit-filled body of Christ. Amen.
*Hymn #396 “Jesus, Stand Among Us”
Scripture Jeremiah 18:1-11
Shaped by God
Ministry of Music
*Hymn #575 “ I”m Gonna Live”
Story for All
Scripture Luke 14:25:33
Will you give up all?
*Hymn #427 “To Show by Touch and Word”
Offering - *Hymn #542 “We Give You But Your Own”
Prayers of Our Community
*Hymn #686 “God of Grace and God of Glory”
Blessing *Hymn #424 vs 1
We celebrate your presence and welcome you in friendship and in love. Thank you for sharing in our worship today. After the service, and before you leave this building, turn worship into ministry by greeting someone you don’t know.
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
· Rev. Jan is in the office Monday – Friday mornings 9-12 p.m. Office Phone 519-463-5222 Cell Phone226-789-0097
· Sun. Sept. 8- Baseball Tournament at Innerkip Baseball Diamonds. 1:00 P.M. - Let the Games Begin!
NOTE: BBQ IS FOR EVERYONE! Around 4 p.m. or after the final game – the team players and ALL the spectators/cheerleaders! Bring your own lawnchair! BBQ venue...Marshall Farm just south of Innerkip (east side) TROPHY PRESENTATION – takes place at the BBQ
· Coffee Time- Will Start Sept. 9, 2013 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis
· Tues. Sept. 10 – Willis Women Meeting to plan Fair Board lunch at Maple Grove at 1:30 p.m.
· Tues. Sept. 10 – Official Board Meeting at Willis at 7:30 p.m.
· Wed. Sept. 18 – Willis and Richwood Session Meeting at Willis at 7:30 p.m.
· Sun. Nov 24 – St. Paul’s Cathedral Presents the Vienna Boys Choir “Christmas in Vienna” Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Concert at 6:00 p.m. Tickets $40 See poster on bulletin board.