Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
June 9, 2013
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand if you are able.
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS
MINUTE FOR MISSION
“Holy, Holy, Holy, Lord God Almighty” (1 verse)
Lighting of the Christ Candle
Christ is our Light.
Thanks be to God.
CALL TO WORSHIP
The love of God draws us together.
We are brothers and sisters in the faith.
The deeds of God are proclaimed in our midst.
We praise God for our many blessings.
The Holy Spirit works among us.
The Spirit enlivens all we do and say.
Let us join our hearts and lift our voices to praise God.
*HYMN # 236 “Now Thank We All Our God”
Loving God, we thank you that we can rest in you,
secure amid the conflict and confusion of life.
We thank you that you provide for our needs and
that you have entrusted us to one another’s care.
Help us to be bold in our loving and our sharing.
May we be peace makers and justice makers,
as we pray in Jesus’ name, saying: Our Father, …..
We Listen for God’s Word
“Paul: A Man With a Mission”
RESPONSIVE READING – Psalm 25, page 752
*HYMN # 249 “Rejoice in the Lord Always”
STORY TIME “Paul Goes to Rome”
*HYMN # 674 “Fight the Good Fight”
We Respond to God’s Call
*Presented in Song # 191 (MV) “What Can I Do?”
What can I do? What can I bring?
What can I say? What can I sing?
I’ll sing with joy. I’ll say a prayer.
I’ll bring my love. I’ll do my share. (Repeat)
*Prayer of Dedication
Prayers of the People # VU 400
Lord, listen to your children praying;
Lord, send your Spirit in this place.
Lord, listen to your children praying,
Send us love, send us power, send us grace.
We Go Out into God’s World
*HYMN # 675 “Will Your Anchor Hold?”
*COMMISSIONING & BENEDICTION
Go gently, go lightly, go safe in the Spirit,
Live simply, don’t carry much more than you need:
Go trusting God’s goodness, go spreading God’s kindness,
Stay centred on Jesus and where he will lead.
Go singing, go bringing the gifts of the spirit,
Go hopefully searching for things that are true:
In living, in loving, whatever befalls you,
God keep you, God bless you in all that you do.
* * * * * * * * *
THOUGHT for the WEEK
A ship in the harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are for.
Kids say the darndest things:
* St. Paul cavorted to Christianity. He preached holy acrimony, which is another name for marriage.
* The people who followed Jesus were called the 12 decibels.
* Noah’s wife was Joan of Arc.
Announcements/ Upcoming Events
· Coffee Time- Every Monday from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis
· Willis United Church 144th Anniversary Mission & Service Fund Challenge – A big thank you to everyone who contributed to the 144th Anniversary M&S Project. The total funds raised were $410.00.
· Mon. June 10-UCW June Retreat- Ingersoll Seniors Centre, 9:00 a.m – 3:00 p.m. Cost 1.50. Pre-Registration by June 3. Meal limited to 85 registrants.
· Tues. Jun 18 – Willis Women Meeting- More information to follow. Contact Joyce Strickler or Lorraine McLean for details.
· Sun. June 23 Rev. Liz’s last service-Potluck Picnic after the service. Drinks and cake will be provided. Bring your own dishes and cutlery and a dish to contribute to our picnic as well as your lawn chairs and enjoy some fellowship together under the trees. Some games for the young and old.
· Summer Services – All Services at the Baptist Church start at 11 a.m. – Sun. June 30 – Sun. July 28. Or you can attend any church you want to during this time.
· August Services – Richwood United Church at 10 a.m. Sun. Aug. 4 – Dave Money will be lay preacher that day.
Sun. Aug. 11- Rev. Jan Alyward’s first service.
· Sun. Sept. 8- Baseball Tournament at Innerkip Park for Oxford Presbytery. Please contact Lorraine if interested in playing ball.
Minister: Rev. Elizabeth Lemon
Organist: Dianne Savage
Address: P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
Telephone: Office: 519-463-5222