Sunday September 30, 2012
“…. Moses said to them, “It is the bread the Lord has given you to eat.””
Minister: Rev. Elizabeth Lemon
Organist: Roy Milton
The United Church of Canada
Drumbo-Richwood Pastoral Charge
P.O. Box 97, Drumbo, N0J 1G0
We Gather to Celebrate God’s Presence
*Indicates a time to stand as you are able.
WELCOME & ANNOUNCEMENTS – Brent Hutchinson
MINUTE FOR MISSION
LIGHTING OF THE CHRIST CANDLE
Christ is our light.
Thanks be to God.
CALL TO WORSHIP
Fall is here and so are we.
We come as an autumn people, a little tired in the frantic
return to routine after the summer.
The leaves are beginning to turn.
We come blazing with our own colours:
our red passion for discipleship;
our yellow yearning for Christ’s light;
our orange clinging to past comforts;
our brown weariness in the face of new challenges.
We come in faith, hope and trust.
We come to worship as a family of faith.
*HYMN # 232 “Joyful, Joyful, We Adore You”
We come, O God, seeking you in song and prayer,
in word and witness. Through the growing nights of the fall,
show us Christ’s light. Through the gradual chill of shorter days,
warm us with your embrace of love. Through the baring of the
trees, clothe us in your Spirit’s wisdom, Bless us as we pray
the in Jesus’ name, saying:
THE LORD’S PRAYER
Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; Thy
kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our
trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil;
for thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, for ever
and ever. Amen.
We Listen for God’s Word
“Let My People Go!”
Chapter 4 – “The Journey Begins”
RESPONSIVE READING – Song of the Sea, page 876
*HYMN 156 MV “Dance With the Spirit”
Dance with the Spirit early in the mornin’,
walk with the Spirit throughout the long day.
Work and hope for the new life a-bornin’,
listen to the Spirit to show you the way.
STORY TIME “Dead Ends and Windows”
SCRIPTURE – Exodus 16: 1-8
SERMON “One Day at a Time”
*HYMN 618 “God, When I Stand”
We Respond to God’s Call
Presented in Song # 191 (MV) “What Can I Do?” What can I do? What can I bring?
What can I say? What can I sing?
I’ll sing with joy. I’ll say a prayer.
I’ll bring my love. I’ll do my share. (Repeat 2 times)
*Prayer of Dedication
PRAYERS OF THE PEOPLE # 400
Lord, listen to your children praying;
Lord, send your Spirit in this place.
Lord, listen to your children praying,
send us love, send us power, send us grace.
We Go Out into God’s World
*Hymn # 633 “Bless Now, O God, the Journey”
*Commissioning and Benediction
*Sung Farewell “Go Now in Peace”
Go now in peace. Never be afraid.
God will go with you each hour of ev'ry day.
Go now in faith, steadfast, strong and true;
Know God will guide you in all you do.
Go now in love, and show you believe;
Reach out to others so all the world can see.
God will be there, watching from above.
Go now in peace, in faith and in love. Amen.
* * * * * * * *
Thought for the Week
God always provides what we need,
but not necessarily what we want.
The minister was telling the children about the Exodus from Egypt, and how the people ate manna in the wilderness. “Now,” he asked, “can anyone tell me where manna comes from?”
A hand shot up. “Manitoba?”
- Liz Cell Number 519-532-9283 Home 519-536-7630
- Please sign the Email Sign up Sheet at the front door.
- Coffee Time: Every Monday from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. @ Willis United Church.
- Thank you to Joyce Kalbfleisch for placing flowers in the sanctuary.
- THANK YOU to everyone who helped out at the fair booth last Sunday- we made a profit of $806.25 and it would not be possible without the wonderful help that we had and God’s blessing of good weather.
- Adult Choir Rehearsals- Mon. Oct. 1: 7-8 p.m. Willis (Skit 7:30)
Youth Choir Rehearsals:- Sun. Oct. 7 -9:15-9:45 a.m. Richwood,
Sun. Oct. 14 with Harpist, 9:15-9:45 a.m. at Drumbo Ag Hall
- Sun. Sept. 30- Coffee and Muffins after the service.
- Sun. Oct. 7 is both World Wide Communion and Thanksgiving Sunday. This year we will be having a Breads of the World celebration. You are invited to contribute to this event by providing a loaf of bread from another country to be used in the service. We will also need donations of butter and jam, and the loan of various cutting boards and bread knives to be used following the service in time of fellowship sampling the various breads. A sign-up sheet for contributions can be found on the table by the front door.
- Tues. Oct. 9 – Official Board Meeting – Richwood at 7:30 p.m.
- Mark Your Calendars now for Sunday, October 14! We will gather at the Drumbo Hall at 10:00 a,m – for worship and stay to talk together about our future direction ending at 4:00 p.m. Coffee, juice and food will be provided. We need everyone there! We need to hear your voice! Please tell everyone you see to come and share this time – all ages, old timers and new comers – everyone who is interested in the life of the United Church of Canada in our communities.
- Sun. Oct. 21- Richwood Anniversary 11 a.m. Guest Speaker Eric Skillings with the Drumbo District Mens Choiras musical guest.